Elevate Your Marketing Game With Contact Center Insights
Have you ever considered contact centers as a source of marketing data?
Even before getting there, let us look at marketers’ data sources. The most common and measurable insights are ad content engagement, sales trends, and third-party research.
However, one underutilized but easily accessible data source is the data from your own contact center.
Have you considered that possibility?
I am sure you would have. If you haven’t, it is time to think along those lines.
There are funds of information available with contact centers, and they need to be mined carefully and in real-time to create marketing magic.
Let us first talk about the different data sources that contact centers provide.
Let us assume that you have 3,000 interactions with your customers every day. We are talking about customer complaints, inquiries, feedback, and requests.
This data can provide valuable insights into customer preferences, pain points, and needs, which can help you craft marketing strategies and campaigns.
Businesses can create customer segments based on behavior, preferences, and demographics by categorizing and analyzing customer interactions. These segments can be used for targeted marketing efforts.
Customer interactions often include feedback about products, services, and the overall experience.
Can you use this feedback to improve existing offerings, develop new products, refine marketing messaging, or redefine your positioning?
Often, contact center agents are the face of your organization. They are the first set of people who would come to know what your customer really wants.
Based on that, they can identify leads for your other offerings or enhancements to what they already have. They can nurture and pass those leads to your marketing or sales team for further engagement.
Insights from contact centers can help organizations personalize their marketing messages and offers.
Personalized marketing, after all, results in better conversions and retention.
Besides these, monitoring campaign effectiveness, customer retention metrics, compliance, and quality assurance are things every contact center measures. These also add inputs to your marketing efforts.
How Do You Mine This Data?
You are generating a ton of customer interaction data with all your communication channels.
The most important channel is the voice channel, where in a typical conversation, about 1000 words are exchanged on average.
The words exchanged can have profound insights that your marketing can use. However, what do you do with them?
Only 2% of the voice recordings get heard, and that too, only when an event forces you to look at them. The remaining 98% of the voice recordings lie in the storage servers.
Without analyzing this data, you are leaving a lot of money on the table.
To analyze this data, you need a voice analytics solution.
With a voice analytics solution in place, you could identify customer concerns, expectations, preferences, and additional needs.
You can rapidly analyze call recordings to identify self-service options, compliance issues, misselling, privacy issues, and newer requirements.
The agent may not be aware of the growing ire of the customer, but the computer recording the call would. It can analyze if the customer is irritated, stressed, or plain disappointed with their interactions with your business.
The same applies to interactions using other channels like emails, chat, messaging, and bots.
Voice analytics helps you convert all your data into structured data for searching and analyzing. It also uses associated data like customer profile information and when the interaction occurred.
It includes advanced search and filtering, enterprise-grade speech recognition and transcription, contextual call playback data, tagging and commenting, transcript visualization, and full PCI redaction.
The search works in a custom fashion. It includes a highly flexible search engine for quickly and easily finding and retrieving calls through a free-form combination of keywords, phrases, acoustic measures, filler words, and call metadata.
Overall, the customer interaction data is a goldmine of information your analytics solution can unearth, especially the voice analytics solution.
Analytics on your customer interaction data can help your marketing:
- Identify sales conversion drivers and deterrents
- Identify and define customer segments
- Act as an input for changing your messaging and positioning
- Build, monitor, and measure customer engagement index
- Cross-sell and upsell to your customers
- Understand the requirements of your customers and identify newer opportunities